Preparing for the Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE®cl) Examination
Before preparing for the Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator examination, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. The Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator examination was developed to measure competence in the scope of the academic clinical nurse educator practice role. It is recommended that in preparing for this examination, you begin by reviewing the following:
- The detailed test blueprint (page 8 of handbook) to identify the exam's content areas and determine which areas to focus your study.
- The test blueprint (page 7 of handbook) to understand how each content area is weighted and to review the percentage of questions that pertain to each area.
- The recommended reference list (page 16 of handbook) which provides references specific to each of the content areas. The recommended reference list is provided to serve as a guide and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Sample questions, (pages 18-19 of the Candidate Handbook) are similar to those found on the examination, but do not represent the full range of content or levels of difficulty.
- A Self-Assessment Examination (SAE) is an internet-based, 65-item, multiple- choice practice examination and can be considered a learning tool and assessment instrument that is parallel in form to the actual CNE®cl examination. The CNE®cl SAE is a half-length examination that will meet the examination specifications including content outline coverage, percentage of items in each of the content categories and the cognitive complexity item distribution. By taking the SAE, candidates will be able to practice taking CNE®cl-type questions, experience computer based testing, review rationales for correct and incorrect answers and receive a score report to assess strengths and areas for additional study. Note: those who purchase the SAE will be provided online access to this product for 60 days from the date of purchase.
CNEcl SAE Form A
NLN Member Package
CNEcl SAE Form B
NLN Member Package
Please make certain that you carefully review the Candidate Handbook for complete information about the Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator examination.