Anne M. Fink, PhD, RN, CNE
Test construction and evaluation methods have been a long-term passion of mine. I have created and taught a graduate course on Measuring Educational Outcomes and have served as a NCLEX Test-Item Writer for the NCSBN. I have conducted presentations and workshops on outcome evaluation methods and test construction.
Regulation and compliance have been important in my work as a nursing administrator. I have managed issues related to state authorization in distance learning, state licensure compacts, scope of practice, and state boards of nursing. I have assisted with accreditation related to Middle States, CCNE, COA, and ACME and am well versed on issues and trends in healthcare and higher education. I helped develop an online tool for faculty tracking of continuing education for our School’s State Board of Nursing reporting and licensure renewal. I am confident that I can contribute to the Commission and I thank you for your consideration.
- Assistant Dean for College and Student Services and Assistant Professor, Villanova, PA (current)
Assistant Dean for Curricular Initiatives, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA
Tenured Assistant Professor, Alvernia University, Reading PA
Instructor, Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, Reading, PA
Training Consultant, Siemens Medical Solutions, Health Services Division, Malvern, PA
Education Coordinator, PACE Health Management Systems, Inc. Charlotte, NC
Clinical Instructor, DeSales University, Center Valley, PA
Clinical Instructor, Northampton Community College, Bethlehem, PA
Registered Nurse, multiple settings in PA
- I have been involved with the NLN since 2004. I was a NLN Ambassador at two institutions and I have been very involved in my state’s Constituent League, the Pennsylvania League for Nursing (PLN), where I currently serve as a Board Member. The PLN is broken into three regional areas. I have served multiple terms as a Board Member, and several Committee Chair positions in PLN Area 2. I had the honor of serving as PLN Area 2 President. Therefore, I strongly support the mission, goals, and values of the NLN.
Consistent with the NLN’s mission and goals, I have dedicated the majority of my nursing career to preparing students to care for clients with integrity and to promote the health and healing of individuals, families, and communities within our nation and across the global community. I expect excellence from myself and my students and as a result we are able to accomplish transformative change together.
- I was a member of multiple Curriculum Committees (Diploma program through PhD), Test Item Review and Analysis Committee, Standardized Testing Evaluation Committee, and CCNE and other accreditation committees. I was Chairperson for a Regulation and Compliance Task Force, Distance Learning Regulation Task Force, and a NCLEX Performance Improvement Task Force.
I am particularly dedicated to diversity, including cultural competence in testing. I am currently conducting a study evaluating our College’s effectiveness in providing a diverse and inclusive environment that values the uniqueness of each individual and their contribution to the teaching and learning experience. I am also a team member working to enhance inclusive hiring processes across the University. My research agenda is focused on cultural competence and addressing the health needs of Latina women and children.
- VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY, Villanova, PA
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
- DE SALES UNIVERSITY, Center Valley, PA
- Master of Science in Nursing
- THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses, 1992-Present
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing, 1995- Present
National League for Nursing, 2004-Present
- Former Selection Committee Member, Mu Omicron Chapter
- Former Chairperson, Fund Raising Committee, Mu Omicron Chapter
Pennsylvania League for Nursing, 2004-Present
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, 2007-Present
- State Level
- Member, Board of Director, 2017-Present
- Area Level
- Area II Member, Board of Directors, 2008-2010
- Area II Member, Scholarship Committee, 2008-2010
- Area II Chair, Scholarship Committee, 2009-2010
- Area II President, (representing 24 counties in Pennsylvania), 2012-2014
- Area II Chair, Bylaws Committee, 2012-2014
- Area II Member, Nominating Committee, 2014-2016
- Area II Chair, Nominating Committee, 2015-2016
American Association of University Professors, 2008-2015
- Member, Study Abroad Selection Committee, 2016-Present
Villanova University Nursing Alumni Association, 2012-Present