Call for Awards
NLN Award for Outstanding Leadership in Nursing Education
To recognize a nurse educator who is nationally or internationally known for shaping and influencing leadership in nursing education with individuals, students, faculty and patients.
Criteria for Eligibility: The nominee
- demonstrates leadership through scholarly activities.
- has made outstanding contributions as a leader in nursing education.
- merits national or international acceptance for encouraging creative interactions with students from diverse backgrounds.
- serves as a role model and mentor for junior faculty.
- Publishes scholarly works that advance nursing education knowledge
- is a member of the NLN.
- 2002 Lois Malasanos, PhD, RN
- 2004 M. Louise Fitzpatrick, EdD, RN, FAAN
- 2006 Diane M. Billings, EdD, RN, FAAN
- 2008 Colleen Conway-Welch, PhD, CNM, FAAN, FACNM
- 2010 Lin Zhan, PhD, RN, FAAN
- 2012 Marion E. Broome, PhD, RN, FAAN
Patricia S. Yoder-Wise, EdD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, ANEF