Call for Awards
NLN Award for Outstanding Leadership in Workforce Development
To recognize an individual or organization that has demonstrated outstanding leadership and creativity in stimulating learning and development of the existing nursing workforce, locally, regionally or nationally.
Criteria for Eligibility: The nominee
- is a member of the NLN.
- is recognized as a creative leader in achieving an environment that fosters staff development and life-long learning in nursing practice and whose work can be replicated by other leaders/organizations.
- has inspired staff at all levels to achieve excellence in nursing practice through a commitment to lifelong learning.
- serves as a role model in developing and implementing innovative strategies that positively affect outcomes in an ever-changing healthcare environment.
- 2002 Elaine L. Smith, MSN, RN, CNAA
- 2004 Barbara S. Mitchell, MSN, MS, RN, C
- 2006 No award given this year
- 2008 No award given this year
- 2010 Deborah A. Raines, PhD, RN, ANEF