This workshop offers practical, easy-to-use guidelines related to item construction, determining the cognitive levels of items, test blueprint construction, item analysis statistics, linguistic modification, and much more. Test construction and item analysis often create angst for many faculty; this workshop provides the resources and tools to ease that angst.
- Apply best practices in test item formation and test construction.
- Analyze and critique a sample set of test items on a sample exam.
- Identify guidelines for interpreting a post exam test item analysis.
- Analyze a sample test item analysis report and decide educator actions based on findings.
- Formulate three test items for potential use on own testing, written at application, analysis or evaluation levels.