This program is designed for executive leaders in nursing education and practice who have held their positions for more than five years and wish to be re-energized, and want to reframe how they think about leadership and themselves as leaders. Participants can become champions for change, harness their authentic leadership, and design and implement strategies to innovate and meet the demands of nursing education and health care.
In this year-long program, a cohort of executive leaders in nursing education and practice will examine the politics of organizations; explore the "system in the mind' and its relationship to conscious and unconscious behaviors, explore authentic leadership and its influence on leading and following, becoming a champion for change, and identify disruptive innovations and strategy to manage them in complex organizations.
- Engage in a innovative activity to become a leader coach.
- Enhance knowledge of organizational politics (e.g. leadership, authority, power & competition)
- Explore co-creation and its impact on developing and sustaining innovation in organization.
- Maximize potential to release untapped resources in people and organizations.
- Become more of an authentic leader to affect organizational change and transformation.
- Manage crucial conversations.
- Engage in coaching sessions with an executive coach.
- Develop a leadership project.
Director: Janice Brewington, PhD, RN, FAAN
Program Session: January 2019 - December 2019
Application Cycle: June 11, 2018 - October 5, 2018 @5:00pm ET
Application Link: APPLY HERE
Tuition: 4,000 members; non-members $4,500 Download Executive Leaders flyer2019 (PDF)
*Become a member today for instant savings on program tuition.
View the 2018 Executive Leadership in Nursing Education and Practice participants roster