This program is designed for nurses in education and practice who have recently been challenged with rapid transition into leadership positions, those in leadership positions who desire a formal leadership program, and those emerging and aspiring to lead.
During this year-long program, a cohort of peers examines organizational systems and leadership processes, strategic planning, building high performing teams, budgeting, and developing personal career plans to advance organizational leadership. Throughout the year, participants will be encouraged to enhance their leadership skills.
- Enhance management and leadership skills
- Examine key issues of organizational processes, e.g., leadership, authority, power, and competition
- Identify strategies to develop effective high performing teams
- Develop the art of negotiation and communication with individuals and groups
- Create a three-year focused career plan
- Develop and implement a leadership project
- Participation in a program orientation meeting**
- NLN Intensive Leadership Retreat (20.5 contact hours/ 2.1 CE)**
- NLN Leadership webinar series (3 contact hours/.3 CE)
- Monthly group coaching calls
- Leadership assessments
- Individual executive coaching
- Attending the NLN Education Summit**
**Participants are responsible for travel, lodging costs and Summit registration.
Director: Janice Brewington, PhD, RN, FAAN
Program Session: January 2021 - December 2021
Tuition: $4,000 – NLN members; $4,500* – Non-members*
*Become a member today for instant savings on program tuition.
Application Cycle: Application closed
Application Link: Apply Here
Who Should Apply?
Nurses in education and practice who have recently been challenged with rapid transition into leadership positions, those in leadership positions who desire a formal leadership program, and those emerging and aspiring to lead.
Candidates will be selected based on professional achievement, organizational responsibility, and quality of application responses. A letter of support from a supervisor is required.
View the 2020 LEAD Participants Roster 2021-lead-program - Sample application Form