This program is designed for the experienced simulation nurse educator who wishes to assume a leadership role in simulation. Participants focus on maximizing their leadership potential to advance simulation initiatives in nursing education and practice.
During this year-long program, participants examine issues related to research in simulation, curricular integration, the role of simulation in interprofessional education, and managing and directing simulation activities within a school of nursing or a service setting. With a focus on leadership, the program emphasizes leadership development to advance simulation initiatives in nursing education and practice. The program fosters the development of a community of scholars by promoting individual growth, interpersonal interactions within the group, and networking with previous cohorts to build on and develop new simulation initiatives.
- Examine key issues in the design, development, use, and integration of simulation in nursing education
- Discuss the simulation initiatives of major national and international organizations
- Work on a group project that creates or expands simulation content for the web-based Simulation Innovation Resource Center (SIRC)
- Create a three-year focused career development plan
- Implement an individual plan for leadership development
- Participation in a program orientation meeting**
- Fifteen Simulation Innovation Resource Center (SIRC) courses
- Access to the NLN Leadership Webinar Series
- Executive coaching sessions
- NLN Simulation Leadership monthly group coaching sessions
- Invitation to Laerdal SUN (Simulation User Network) Meeting**
- Attending an Intensive Leadership Retreat**
- Attending the NLN Education Summit**
**Participants are responsible for travel, lodging costs and Summit registration.
Co-Directors: Susan Gross Forneris, PhD, RN, CNE, CHSE-A
Mary Anne Rizzolo, EdD, RN, FAAN, ANEF, FSSH
Program Session: January 2021 - December 2021
Tuition: $4,000 – NLN Members; $4,500* – Non-members*
* Become a member today for instant savings on program tuition.
Application Cycle: March 2, 2020 - October 5, 2020
Application Link: Apply Here
Who Should Apply?
This program is designed for the experienced simulation nurse educator who wants to assume a leadership role in simulation. The program is limited to 20 participants.
Candidates will be selected based on professional achievement, organizational responsibility, and quality of application responses. A letter of support from a supervisor is required.
2021-simulation-educators -Sample Application Form
View the 2020 Leadership Development for Simulation Educators Participants Roster