This program is designed for the experienced simulation nurse educator who wishes to assume a leadership role in simulation.
During this year-long program, participants examine issues related to research in simulation, curricular integration, the role of simulation in interprofessional education, and managing and directing simulation activities within a school of nursing or a service setting. With the lens on leadership, the program emphasizes leadership development to advance simulation initiatives in nursing education and practice. The program fosters individual growth, interpersonal interactions within the group, and networking with previous cohorts to build on and develop new simulation initiatives.
- Examine key issues in the design, development, use, and integration of simulation in nursing education.
- Discuss the simulation initiatives of major national and international organizations.
- Work on a group project that creates or expands simulation content for the web-based Simulation Innovation Resource Center (SIRC).
- Create a three-year focused career development plan.
- Implement an individual plan for leadership development.
- Engage in coaching sessions with an executive coach.
Co-Directors: Susan Gross Forneris, PhD, RN, CNE, CHSE-A
Mary Anne Rizzolo, EdD, RN, FAAN, ANEF, FSSH
Program Session: January 2019 - December 2019 Application Cycle:
June 11, 2018 - October 5, 2018 @5:00pm (ET)
Application Link: APPLY HERE
Tuition: *Become Members - $4,000; Non-members-$4500
Become a member today for instant savings on program tuition.
Download SimLeaders Flyer 2019
View the 2018 Leadership Development for Simulation Educators Participants Roster