The NLN Foundation is looking forward to seeing you in San Diego. We proudly help the National League for Nursing meet its mission: to promote excellence in nursing education to build a strong and diverse nursing workforce to advance the health of our nation and the global community.
With your support, we empower nurse educators, address the nurse faculty and nursing shortages, and protect both nursing’s yesterday and its tomorrow. Contribute to our campaign, Preserving Our Past, Building Our Future, and help the NLN Foundation:
- Sustain the history of nursing education through the NLN Archives Project. With your support, augmented by a matching grant from the Independence Foundation, we are building an the NLN Archives at the Barbara Bates Center for the Study of the History of Nursing at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Expand our vital scholarship and research grants programs, and the popular mentoring initiative, the NLN Scholarly Writing Retreat.
Help us raise $125,000 by December 31, 2017. Watch progress in real time on our 2017 Fundraising Thermometer Live Feed.
There are many ways to join our efforts to advance the health of our nation through the power nursing education:
- Don’t wait until September. Make a gift online today.
- Text to Donate is back. Throughout the Summit and especially at the farewell reception on Saturday, September 16, text the keyword "NurseEd17" to the short code 41444.
- Get social: Use #nlngiving and #nlnsummit17 to spread the word with your network. Don’t forget to download the NLN Summit app.
- Display your commitment to nursing education on the NLN Summit Thank You Wall. We will inscribe your name or institution and logo for all to see. . $1,000 for institutions; $500 for individuals. (Participation deadline: August 17, 2017)
- Shop Summit ’17. The NLN Foundation receives a percentage of all jewelry sold by our specially selected vendor.
- Take advantage of beautiful San Diego at foundation activities and events. Stay tuned for more information.
- Cheer 2017 NLN Foundation Faculty Scholarship awardees immediately following the CEO Summit Address on Friday, September 15.
- Get updated by NLN Foundation chair Dr. Cole Edmonson at the NLN Annual Business Meeting on Saturday, September 16 at 11 am.
- Nurses Dine Out – Join us for dinner at the Spaghetti Old Factory immediately after the opening ceremony. Please show a printed version of this flyer (PDF) to ensure a part of the proceeds help the NLN Foundation.