National League for Nursing - Excellence Initiatives
Eligibility Requirements for Individual Schools
A printer friendly-version of this
information can be found on page 4 of the handbook.
- Applicants must be NLN member schools of nursing
accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE.
- COE designated schools must be NLN members at
the time of application and are required to maintain
NLN membership and accreditation throughout the
- Schools with more than one program must show
evidence of excellence in all programs since COE
designation is awarded to the school of nursing as
- Schools applying as a system must show evidence of
excellence in all programs and degree-granting
entities and meet the requirements of systems
Eligibility Requirements for Systems
The applicant must encompass more than one educational setting comprised of
a single governing authority who serves as the lead nursing educational administrator
(LNEA). This individual is ultimately responsible for sustaining the standards
of nursing and education practices.
Applicants applying as a system must meet each of the following requirements
in addition to the requirements for individual programs.
A single application will be submitted for the system that addresses all criteria
- There must be one organizational mission, vision, and set of values for the
- There must be one governing board for the entire system.
- There must be one lead nursing educational administrator for the entire system.
- Each component entity shall have a designated RN educational leader.
- There must be an integrated nursing education curriculum serving the entire system.
- The same policies and procedures must be used throughout the system.
- The same systematic evaluation plan must exist throughout the entire system.
BACK TO TOP
BACK TO HANDBOOK CONTENTS