National League for Nursing - Excellence Initiatives
Final Application Guidelines
A printer friendly-version of this
information can be found on page 8 of the handbook.
The final application must document how all components of
each criterion in the selected category are fulfilled by all
programs offered by the school. This application must
describe relevant activities and initiatives that serve to create
an environment where excellence is pervasive. Since the
supportive evidence is intended to showcase the school’s
excellence in the selected category, the material submitted
will be unique to each school. It is the responsibility of the
school to provide convincing evidence that all criteria in the
selected category have been met for all faculty and/or all
programs offered by the school. Schools applying for
re-designation must provide evidence that demonstrates
sustained and continued excellence in all programs since
the most recent designation.
The narrative must include:
- Documentation of measurable outcomes of excellence initiatives in each
- Supporting qualitative and quantitative data from no more than four
years prior to the application.
- A clear and succinct description of how the school has created the environment
related to the particular COE category selected.
- Evidence that the excellence initiatives have been implemented throughout
all programs within the school.
- A clearly organized document which facilitates the assessment of outcomes
in each excellence criterion.
- Validation of the sustainability of excellence initiatives
Final application formatting guidelines:
- Document limit of 200 pages including appendices.
- Optional DVD or other materials, if submitted, must complement the narrative.
- Format with 1.5 line spacing, 1-inch margins, and a font size of 11
or larger for readability.
- Place all contents in one bound application; no plastic page covers
are to be used.
- Eight (8) copies of the final application are to be submitted
with the Final Application Cover Sheet and application fee to the
NLN by the designated deadline.
BACK TO TOP
BACK TO HANDBOOK CONTENTS