NLN Foundation for Nursing Education Scholarship Awards
Request for Applications
The 2021 application period runs from Monday, February 22, 2021 until Friday, June 4th of 2021. Applicants will be notified by the end of July 2021 and awardees will be recognized at the NLN Summit in the Fall of 2021.
*For information on the Home Instead - NLN Scholarship, please click here.
We are proud to be the first member organization providing scholarships specifically to nurse educators.The NLN Foundation for Nursing Education offers scholarships of up to $8,000 each year to support the NLN’s mission to build a strong and diverse nursing workforce to advance the health of the nation and the global community.
These scholarships are awarded to nurses pursuing advanced degrees to advance their career as a full-time nurse educator. The funds are for master’s or doctoral students enrolled in accredited programs who have completed at least one full year of study and have completed program/project feasible (i.e. IRB approved for research, dissertation proposal defended, capstone project approved, QI or change initiative approved).
NLN Foundation wants to encourage more experienced and ethnically diverse nurses to pursue advanced degrees to prepare for full-time positions as nurse educators.
Eligible candidates must also be NLN members either through individual dues or through their employer schools’ NLN membership.
Resources to Review Before Preparing Proposals:
Each proposal must include the below content areas. Carefully review this 2021 NLN Foundation Scholarship Review Rubric. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Introduction: Describe your need for support and clarity of purpose.
- Description of your Program of Study (i.e. dissertation, capstone, scholarly project, pilot project; quality project; change initiative).
- Include specific outline, timeline and projected graduation date. If you have competed a dissertation proposal defense or had a DNP project approved, please include defense date. If project has been IRB approved, indicate.
- Describe how your study links to NLN’s mission statement and core values.
- Describe your goals as a nurse educator.
- 2 Letters of recommendation (addressed to the NLN Foundation).
- Budget Narrative: Be sure that each line item on the budget is clearly justified.
- Biosketch Form (also available on SM Apply)
Please note that there is not a specific application template, however, each application should attempt to follow the order of the checklist and use headings indicative of these requirements.
Online Submission System:
NOTE: If you have questions related to the application process, please contact Michelle Teng at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.