NLN Foundation for Nursing Education Scholarship Awards
Request for Applications
The 2019 application period is now closed. All applicants have been contacted and the awardees will be recognized at the annual NLN Summit in Washington DC in September 27, 2019.
We are proud to be the only member organization providing scholarships specifically to nurse educators.The NLN Foundation for Nursing Education offers scholarships of up to $8,000 each year to support the NLN’s mission to build a strong and diverse nursing workforce to advance the health of the nation and the global community.
These scholarships are awarded to nurses pursuing advanced degrees to advance their career as a full-time nurse educator. The funds are for master’s or doctoral students enrolled in accredited programs who have completed at least a year of their academic program. The NLN Foundation wants encourage more experienced and ethnically diverse nurses to pursue advanced degrees to prepare for full-time positions as nurse educators.
Eligible candidates must also be NLN members either through individual dues or through their employer schools’ NLN membership.
Resources to Review Before Preparing Proposals:
Each proposal must include the below content areas. Carefully review this checklist and rubric. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Introduction: Describe your need for support and clarity of purpose.
- Description of you Program of Study (i.e. dissertation, capstone, scholarly project, pilot project; quality project; change initiative).
- Include specific outline, timeline and projected graduation date. If you have competed a dissertation proposal defense or had a DNP project approved, please include defense date. If project has been IRB approved, indicate.
- Describe how your study links to NLN’s mission statement and core values.
- Describe your goals as a nurse educator.
- 2 Letters of recommendation (addressed to the NLN Foundation).
- Budget Narrative: Be sure that each line item on the budget is clearly justified.
- Bio sketch form (available on FluidReview).
Please note that there is not a specific application template, however, each application should attempt to follow the order of the checklist and use headings indicative of these requirements.
Online Submission System (Fluid Review):
- Instructions to submit a scholarship proposal.
- Submit your proposal (The 2019 application period is now closed. All applicants have been contacted notified by awardees will be recognized at the annual NLN Summit in Washington DC on September 27, 2019).
NOTE: If you have questions related to the application process, please contact Tatiana Nin at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.