NLN Foundation for Nursing Education Scholarship Awards
Request for Applications
The 2019 application period will open on February 18 until May 29. All applicants will be notified by July 17 and winners will be recognized at the annual NLN Summit in Washington DC in September 2019.
We are proud to be the only member organization providing scholarships specifically to nurse educators.The NLN Foundation for Nursing Education offers scholarships of up to $8,000 each year to support the NLN’s mission to build a strong and diverse nursing workforce to advance the health of the nation and the global community.
These scholarships are awarded to nurses pursuing advanced degrees to advance their career as a full-time nurse educator. The funds are for master’s or doctoral students enrolled in accredited programs who have completed at least a year of their academic program. The NLN Foundation wants encourage more experienced and ethnically diverse nurses to pursue advanced degrees to prepare for full-time positions as nurse educators.
Eligible candidates must be NLN members either through individual dues or through their employer schools’ NLN membership.
Resources to Review Before Preparing Proposals:
Each proposal must include the below content areas. Carefully review this checklist and rubric.
- Introduction: Describe your need for support and clarity of purpose.
- Description of you Program of Study (i.e. dissertation, capstone, scholarly project, pilot project; quality project; change initiative).
- Include specific outline, timeline and projected graduation date. If you have competed a dissertation proposal defense or had a DNP project approved, please include defense date. If project has been IRB approved, indicate.
- Relevance of the Project to NLN Foundation Scholarship Priorities /Describe how your study links to NLN’s mission statement and core values.
- Describe your future goals as a nurse educator.
- 2 Letters of recommendation.
- Budget Narrative: Be sure that each line item on the budget is clearly justified.
Please note that there is not a specific application template.
Online Submission System (Fluid Review):
- Instructions to submit a scholarship proposal.
- Submit your proposal (The 2019 application period will open on February 18 until May 29. All applicants will be notified by July 17 and winners will be recognized at the annual NLN Summit in Washington DC in September 2019).
NOTE: If you have questions related to the application process, please contact Tatiana Nin at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.