The 2021 application period runs from February 22 until May 21. Applicants will be notified by July 12, and winners will be recognized at the NLN Annual Summit.
The NLN Foundation for Nursing Education and Home Instead Senior Care are joining forces to foster and promote geriatric education through a $5,000 scholarship fund for nursing students. Five scholarships will be awarded to prepare a competent nursing workforce to deliver the best care to older adults. The scholarship awards can be used for tuition, fees, and/or books. Read the criteria below and apply today.
Criteria for $1,000 scholarships (5 scholarship awards):
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited nursing program focusing in geriatrics and have completed at least one academic year.
- Applicant must have 2 years’ experience in the geriatric field.
- Applicant must provide proof of current or recent work in geriatrics/gerontology.
- Applicant must write a 500-word essay (described below) highlighting their goals to become a geriatric nurse or gerontologist.
- Applicants must provide one academic or professional reference addressed to the NLN Foundation.
- Applicant must make a commitment to use their degree in the geriatric population.
Please complete an essay discussing what led you to seek a nursing degree with focus on geriatrics and/or gerontology. This essay should also include a brief review of your geriatric career, your future professional goals in this field and how this scholarship would assist you in meeting those goals. The essay should be a maximum of 500 words.
Additional requirements for ALL applicants:
- GPA of 3.0.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Online Submission System (Fluid Review):
The 2021 application period runs from February 22 until May 21. Applicants will be notified by July 12, and winners will be recognized at the NLN Annual Summit
For questions related to the application process, contact Michelle Teng at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.