The 2020 application period runs from February 25 until May 18. Applicants will be notified by the end of July and awardees will be recognized at the NLN Summit in Orlando, FL on September 24, 2020.
The NLN Foundation for Nursing Education and Home Instead Senior Care are joining forces to foster and promote geriatric education through a $10,000 scholarship fund for nursing students. At least six scholarships, from two categories, will be awarded to prepare a competent nursing workforce to deliver the best care to older adults. The scholarship awards can be used for tuition, fees, and/or books. Read the criteria below and apply today.
Criteria for the $5,000 scholarship (1 scholarship award):
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited graduate nursing program (Masters, Doctorate) focused on geriatrics or gerontology.
- Applicant is a current or former employee of Home Instead, Inc. or the Home Instead Senior Care franchise network in good standing as determined by Home Instead.
- Applicant must provide proof of current or recent work in geriatrics/gerontology (employment, clinical experience, classes taken, etc.).
- Applicant must be a registered nurse in the United States of America.
- Applicant must write a 500-word essay (described below) highlighting their goals to become an advanced practice geriatric nurse or gerontologist.
- Applicants must provide two academic or professional references addressed to the NLN Foundation.
- Applicant must demonstrate commitment to use their advanced degree in the geriatric population.
In the case there is not an application from a current or former Home Instead employee the following changes will occur:
- Money will be divided into two $2,500 scholarships to be awarded to two separate individuals seeking an advanced nursing degree (Masters or Doctorate) with a focus in geriatrics or gerontology.
Criteria for $1,000 scholarships (5 scholarship awards):
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited nursing program focusing in geriatrics and have completed at least one academic year.
- Applicant must have 2 years’ experience in the geriatric field.
- Applicant must provide proof of current or recent work in geriatrics/gerontology.
- Applicant must write a 500-word essay (described below) highlighting their goals to become a geriatric nurse or gerontologist.
- Applicants must provide one academic or professional reference addressed to the NLN Foundation.
- Applicant must make a commitment to use their degree in the geriatric population.
Please complete an essay discussing what led you to seek a nursing degree with focus on geriatrics and/or gerontology. This essay should also include a brief review of your geriatric career, your future professional goals in this field and how this scholarship would assist you in meeting those goals. The essay should be a maximum of 500 words.
Additional requirements for ALL applicants:
- GPA of 3.0.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Online Submission System (Fluid Review):
Winners will be asked by the NLN Foundation to attend the NLN Summit for a recognition ceremony in September 2020. Questions related to the application process, contact Tatiana Nin at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.