NLN Foundation for Nursing Education Scholarship Awards
Request for Applications
We are now accepting applications for the 2017 application period until May 31. Winners will be acknowledged at the NLN Education Summit in San Diego, CA (Sept 14-16).
The NLN Foundation for Nursing Education offers scholarships of up to $8,000 each year to support the NLN’s mission to build a strong and diverse nursing workforce to advance the health of the nation and the global community. We are proud to be the only member organization providing scholarships specifically to nurse educators.
These scholarships are awarded to nurses pursuing advanced degrees in preparation for a career as a full-time academic nurse educator. The funds are for master’s or doctoral students enrolled in accredited programs who have completed at least a year of their academic program. The NLN foundation wants encourage more experienced and ethnically diverse nurses to pursue advanced degrees to prepare for full-time positions as nurse educators. Candidates must be NLN members either through individual dues or through their employer schools’ NLN membership.
Resources to Review Before Preparing Proposals:
Online Submission System (Fluid Review):
Things to Remember
- Overall content and appearance.
- Overall quality of scholarship must be demonstrated in each step of the grant application through:
- Clarity of purpose (i.e., is the proposal written clearly and coherently?).
- Significance of this support to the applicant.
- Ability of the applicant to successfully complete the program.
- Relevance and priorities.
- The request should clearly relate to NLN Foundation scholarship priorities.
- Budget and budget rationale
- Be sure that each line item on the budget is clearly justified.
NOTE: If you have questions related to the application process, please contact Tatiana Nin at firstname.lastname@example.org