There are many ways to help the NLN Foundation Preserve the Past and Build the Future of nursing education:
About Your Gift
- Make a gift online: Donate today and help us preserve the past and future of nursing education
- Get your name and logo on our NLN Summit Thank You Wall: Prominently displayed in a high-trafficked area, and featuring donor logos, the Summit Thank You Wall promotes your institution and your commitment to nursing education. The cost is $1,000 for institutions and $500 for individuals. Participate Now. (Deadline: August 15, 2019)
- Leave a Legacy: With a planned gift to the NLN Foundation, you become a member of the Isabel Adams Hampton Robb Society named for the American nurse theorist, author, nursing school administrator, and early leader who helped to found the organizations that became known as the National League for Nursing in 1893.Let us assist you in leaving a legacy in nursing education with us. Learn more about planned giving here.
- Volunteer: the key to the NLN's success is the support we receive from our members. Your time and expertise is extremely valuable to us. For example, you can become a NLN Ambassador!
You can make both restricted and unrestricted gifts to the NLN. Unrestricted are very special because they provide funds that can be used where they are needed most as determined by the CEO and the Board of Trustees.
Restricted gifts can be made to support scholarships and nursing education research endowment funds that are awarded each year to nurses pursuing advanced degrees so that they may enter the faculty role as well as for research that enhances the science of nursing education.
NLN Foundation Endowment Funds, established in 2004, ensure a lasting legacy by providing funds in perpetuity for nursing education, research, and faculty scholarships. To create a new named fund, a gift of $50,000 is required. However, anyone can designate a a gift to any endowment fund.
Thanks to the generosity of many individuals, we have established the following named endowment funds:
- Board of Trustees/Board of Governors Endowment Fund
- Ruth D. Corcoran Fund for Nursing Education
- Nancy Langston Nursing Education Research Fund
- Dorothy A. Otto Endowment Fund
- Mary Ann Rizzolo Faculty Dissertation Scholarship Fund
For more information on ways to participate on our campaign, please contact Tatiana Nin at firstname.lastname@example.org and (202) 909-2494 or email@example.com.
Donors on what it means to give to the NLN
"I believe the mission of the National League for Nursing is as relevant and vital today as it was when NLN was founded in 120 year ago. Because of the benefits I have received personally and professionally and because I believe that the NLN will be a dynamic leader in creation of the preferred future for our profession and health care, I have chosen to make the NLN Foundation for Nursing Education a priority for my philanthropy." - Nancy Langston, PhD, RN, FAAN
"I have been an involved member of the National League for Nursing since 1958. In 2007, being honored as an inaugural fellow in the Academy of Nursing was very meaningful recognition in my long teaching career. With the NLN's exemplary focus on nursing education for today's faculty, I have the pleasure of providing 'the gift' of scholarships to faculty for nursing education research through the NLN Foundation for Nursing Education. Serving as a trustee on the board of the foundation, I know the importance of nursing education research for our future as the NLN's partner in our ever-changing health care system." - Dorothy Otto, EdD, RN, ANEF
"While nursing education is key to the future of nursing and the health of the nation, nurse educators are sadly underpaid, and nursing education research receives minimal funding. The NLN Foundation for Nursing Education is the only organization that focuses exclusively on addressing these issues through its scholarships and grants. There are many good causes that deserve your donations. I hope that the NLN Foundation is on your list." - Mary Anne Rizzolo, EdD, RN, FAAN, ANEF