The purpose of a Constituent League, affiliated with the National League for Nursing, is to support and implement the mission of the NLN to promote excellence in nursing education to build a strong and diverse nursing workforce at the constituent level.
Constituent Leagues, affiliated with the NLN, meet the following standards:
- Promote the products and services of the NLN.
- Participate in the securing of funds at the local/state level to promote faculty development and quality nursing education at the constituent level.
- Serve as a monitor for public policy issues related to education of nurses at the constituent level.
- Identify, recruit, engage, and develop members for constituent and national leadership work groups and task forces.
- Develop alliances at the constituent level to advance quality nursing education.
- Serve as a channel of communication between NLN and the League's members, and members to members.
Key information outlining an NLN affiliated constituent league responsibilities are outlined on this page. Please share this information with your board. None of the information outlined on this page may be changed by leagues.
Affiliation Guidelines Policies
- Purpose of Constituent Leagues
- Constituent League Membership Structure
- CL Formation
- Relationship with NLN Headquarters
- CL Annual Activities
- CL Budget, Audit and Tax Responsibilities
- NLN CL Logo & Style Guide
Need to print the NLN Affiliation Guidelines Policies for your Board? Download
this 3-page PDF file.