1. Lincoln Tech:
Does the opportunity to share your nursing experience excite you? Are you ready to change even more lives with a career in education?
Lincoln Technical Institute is offering Nursing Professionals, Full Time opportunities to teach your trade in our Practical Nursing Program.
Immediate openings include both clinical and didactic assignments. Applicants with experience in these specialty areas are desirable:
· Medical Surgical
Experience and Skills
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
· MSN in Nursing - required
· A minimum of 3 years recent clinical experience
· An active Rhode Island RN license
· Previous teaching experience - preferred but willing to train the right candidate
Come join our team and through teaching, open the door of education for eager students. Here’s your chance to be a Leader – an Inspiration!
A glimpse of who we are…
Lincoln Group of Schools is proud to offer education and training programs for Careers That Build America: careers in Health Sciences, Automotive Technology, Skilled Trades, Business & IT, Cosmetology and Culinary. These fields drive the American economy, and we at Lincoln train the workforce that leads them. We invite you to learn more about us at www.lincolntech.edu
We hire great people for great jobs and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please click "Apply Now" to submit your resume for consideration.
The Lincoln Group of Schools is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Mary Benn MSN, RN, CDOE
Director of Nursing
Lincoln Technical Institute
622 George Washington Highway
Lincoln, RI 02865
401-334-2430 ext. 43407
2. Quincy College
JOB TITLE: Supervisor for Laboratory Experiences
supervisor: Dean for the Academic Division of Nursing
POSITION CATEGORY: Regular
POSITION STATUS: Full-time
(FLSA Status) Exempt
WORK YEAR: 52-Weeks
Mission and Focus
Quincy College is an open-access institution that encourages academic achievement and excellence, diversity, economic opportunity, community involvement, and lifelong learning. The College facilitates valuable learning relationships that inspire students to realize their educational and professional futures.
We are committed to the following values: student learning and achievement; excellence in teaching; mutual respect, responsibility, and collaboration; individual and institutional integrity; and diversity of people and perspectives.
The College recognizes that our success is measured by the long-term satisfaction and achievement of our students, and the positive partnerships we develop. Our most valuable resources to achieving our mission are our faculty, administration and support staff. Each individual employee’s performance contributes to our ability to successfully achieve and excel in all aspects of our mission and values.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Dean of the Academic Division of Nursing, the Supervisor for Laboratory Experiences is responsible for the management of the Nursing Skills and Simulation Laboratories; establishes and maintains current and long term planning for clinical laboratory environments and activities; in collaboration with faculty establishes goals and objectives for laboratory use and development; researches current practice trends for nursing faculty and implements those in the nursing laboratory environment; maintains nursing laboratory standards of practice. As a member of the leadership team for the Academic Division of Nursing, collaborates to monitor academic standards for the nursing programs and assists in ensuring the curriculum meets all regulatory and/or accreditation standards. Other responsibilities include initiative to maintaining and in improving the quality of instruction in laboratory and simulation to promote student learning.
EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE: Master’s Degree in nursing from an accredited college or university required; current Massachusetts RN license; experience in education including nursing skills laboratory and simulation.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive leadership, supervisory, or management experience; at least 2 years of experience in the clinical nursing lab setting; computer literacy and technology skills including use of simulation devices; experience with mentoring faculty and students. Current registration in good standing as a professional nurse in Massachusetts required; Minimum of two (2) years full-time employment in nursing or its equivalent within the past five (5) years and evidence of current clinical competence in area of clinical instruction required; experience in curriculum development, nursing regulatory and accreditation standard adherence, and use of multimedia teaching strategies, and test construction is preferred; Understanding of the registered and practical nursing roles and demonstrated commitment to education. Qualified applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Monitors and provides leadership, mentoring, and support for teaching faculty. Organizes laboratory and simulation experiences in alignment with program curriculum with faculty.
TRAVEL: Assignment/ travel between the Quincy and Plymouth campuses is required.
- Focuses extensively on ensuring the laboratory and simulation experiences support outstanding student learning outcomes;
- Demonstrates leadership and knowledge in the program field to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence;
- Provides orientation to adjunct faculty regarding laboratory procedures, location and use of materials and the operation of equipment;
- Serves as a mentor and facilitator for assigned adjunct faculty; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and accountability;
- Participates in meetings of the Nursing Program Advisory Committee and other committees as needed.
- Attends Divisional meetings and serves on committees;
- Manages and oversees daily operations of clinical laboratories;
- Manages and maintains nursing equipment and supplies;
- Oversees the care of simulation manikins;
- Supervises in the Nursing Skills labs including open practice labs;
- Establishes a plan for purchasing and replacing equipment and supplies;
- Tracks, orders and manages inventory, including repair and replacement of broken equipment;
- Establishes relationships with agencies to strengthen partnerships;
- Manages clinical laboratory expenditures and projects budgetary needs;
- Monitors lab usage and evaluates lab effectiveness;
- Assists with development, implementation and evaluation of clinical simulation scenarios;
- Trains and assesses faculty on use of simulation equipment;
- Demonstrates personal and professional growth in supporting clinical laboratory learning;
- Orients new faculty and students to the lab;
- Pilots new equipment and projects
- Interfaces with clinical simulation vendors and oversees warranties and repairs;
- Uses established criteria to assist faculty in student skills testing;
- In collaboration with faculty, creates simulation experiences that provide a realistic learning experience where critical thinking is a focus;
- Produces reports on student simulation experiences;
- Provides and oversees laboratory tutoring and other remediation activities;
- Establishes and updates laboratory policies and procedures;
- Ensures the safe storage and disposal of hazardous materials;
- Oversees the collection and disposal of waste materials;
- Recommends and/or performs maintenance or repairs of equipment in the nursing laboratories;
- Checks and maintains safety equipment;
- Provides training and enforcement of safety procedures to individuals, including faculty, students
and staff using the laboratories;
- Participates in mandatory training/coursework, including but not limited to:
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Non-Smoking Policy
- Security Policy and Notification of Security Reporting
- Bi-Annual Municipal Ethics Law
- Assumes other duties as assigned.