National League For Nursing Adds Enhancements to its Total Assessment Program (TAP) for NCLEX-RN® Success
National League For Nursing Adds Enhancements to its
Total Assessment Program (TAP) for NCLEX-RN® Success
TAP Now Offers Rebates and Rewards to Supplement Proven Assessment and Evaluation Tools, Developed in Partnership with the College Network
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 20, 2008 — New York, NY — The National League for Nursing, for more than 60 years a recognized leader in assessment and evaluation in nursing education, announced increased benefits to faculty and students who use the comprehensive Total Assessment Program (TAP) for NCLEX-RN Success across the curriculum. TAP, the most complete package now available, enables nursing programs and faculty to improve student retention and better prepare students for success on the national licensure exam.
"NLN test developers take their responsibility to nursing education very seriously," observed NLN CEO Beverly Malone, RN, PhD, FAAN. "Our aim is to support our colleagues in academia to produce the best and brightest nursing workforce, prepared to enter a diverse, challenging, and ever-changing health care environment." Dr. Malone continued, "The NLN testing services team conducts on-going validation and reliability studies ensuring that we continue our tradition as the gold standard in NCLEX preparation."
TAP, with vital input from nurse educators clinicians, reflects the skills and knowledge nursing graduates need for entry into practice, and features:
- Computer-based and paper-based test formats
- Pre-admission exam (PAX) online registration that enables academic testing centers to better manage test administration, including seat availability, scheduling, special accommodations, student inquiries, and technical support
- Achievement tests in 16 discrete clinical practice areas, with corresponding practice exams that offer comprehensive rationales and online remediation
- Pre-NCLEX readiness testing to identify student weaknesses for more focused study
- NLN Live Review for NCLEX-RN Success© with exemplar nurse educators as facilitators, incorporating evidence-based nursing practice scenarios, to improve student critical thinking and clinical judgment skills
- Online 4200-plus-item Question Review Bank with comprehensive rationales and customized practice exams
New this year is the unique TAP Rewards rebate offer. Depending upon the size of its Total Assessment Program contract, schools of nursing may qualify for up to a 5 percent rebate that may be credited to other NLN programs and services, such as the Annual Education Summit, faculty development activities, the Academy of Nursing Education, the Certified Nurse Educator examination, and membership dues.
In addition, the College Network has established a National League for Nursing Scholarship Program. With a history of supporting excellence in nursing education, TCN is an associate member of the NLN.
"As with all NLN testing products, TAP has been developed in accordance with the League's longstanding philosophy of consultation with nurse educators and clinicians," asserted NLN president, Dr. Elaine Tagliareni. "This approach assures the highest level of student achievement on exams, as well as predictability of student success in nursing programs of all types."
Reporters/Editors: For interview opportunities, please contact Karen R. Klestzick, chief communications officer, at 212-812-0376 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive a brochure with complete information on TAP for NCLEX-RN Success, please contact Colleen Kristoff, RN at 800-732-8656; email@example.com.
Dedicated to excellence in nursing, the National League for Nursing is the premier organization for nurse faculty and leaders in nursing education offering faculty development, networking opportunities, testing and assessment, nursing research grants, and public policy initiatives to its 25,000 individual and 1,200 institutional members.
BACK TO TOP