Washington, DC —
Thanks to the NLN Foundation for Nursing Education and Home Instead Senior Care, a total of $52,000 will be distributed among 15 new scholarships will be awarded for the upcoming academic year to advance nursing education. The awards presentation will take place at the 2019 NLN Education Summit in the Washington, D.C., area September 26–28.
"Support for nursing students at every level of the academic spectrum is critical to the fulfillment of the National League for Nursing mission to promote excellence in nursing education, and to prepare a diverse, outstanding nursing workforce to advance the health of the nation and of the global community," said Cole Edmonson, DNP, RN, FACHE, NEA-BC, FAONL, FAAN, chief clinical officer at AMN Healthcare. "On behalf of the National League for Nursing, I extend congratulations to our scholarship winners and thank the members of the selection committees who volunteer their time."
Added NLN CEO Beverly Malone, PhD, RN, FAAN, "A special 'thank you' to donors to the NLN Foundation for Nursing Education and our partners at Home Instead Senior Care who make possible the National League for Nursing scholarship programs. The future depends on continued giving, so I encourage everybody with a stake in promoting excellence in nursing education to consider supporting the NLN Foundation. We want to do all we can to expand the number of scholars deserving our support."
2019 NLN-Home Instead Scholarships in Geriatric Nursing Education
For the second consecutive year, the NLN Foundation and Home Instead Senior Care teamed up to foster and promote geriatric nursing education through a $10,000 scholarship fund, with scholarships to be awarded to nursing students enrolled in such courses of study. Because adults aged 65 and older in the United States and throughout the world account for an increasing proportion of the population, there is widespread acknowledgement that nursing school graduates must be better prepared to deliver outstanding, culturally sensitive care to older adults in hospital, clinical and outpatient community settings.
2019 NLN Foundation for Nursing Education Faculty Scholarship Awards
- Christine Brewer, MSW, MSN, RN, Villanova University
- Kelli Bronder, BSN, RN, St. Scholastica
- Cassandra Godzik-Dzoibek, MSN, APRN, University of Massachusetts
- Jhaurel Johnson White, MSN, APRN, PNHNP-BC, University of South Alabama
- Samantha Starr, Certified Nurse's Assistant, Montana State University
- Joyce Wall, EdD, MS, MA, BS, BSN, RN, Walden University
- Rachante Williams, BA, Baldwin Wallace University
The NLN Foundation Scholarship Awards Program seeks to support seasoned and ethnically diverse nurses committed to careers in academic nursing education. Hence, these scholarships are awarded to nurses pursuing advanced degrees, either master's or doctorates, in accredited programs, and have completed at least half of their academic studies toward their degrees.
For complete information about the 2019 NLN Education Summit, including online registration, visit NLN.org/Summit.
- Afua Ampiaw, MSN, RN-BC, Seton Hall University
- Emily Gesner, DNP, RN-BC, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Shatoi King, MSN-Ed, BS, RN-BC, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Francine Laterza, MSN, RN, PNP, Western Connecticut State University
- Onome Osokpo, MSN, RN, University of Pennsylvania
- Elizabeth Sloss, MSN, MBA, RNC-OB, CNL, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Felisa Smith, MSA, MSN/Ed, RN, CNE, Capella University
- Lisa Wilson, MSN, RN, CNE, University of New Hampshire
About the National League for Nursing
Dedicated to excellence in nursing, the National League for Nursing is the premier organization for nurse faculty and leaders in nursing education. The NLN offers professional development, networking opportunities, testing services, nursing research grants, and public policy initiatives to its 40,000 individual and 1,200 institutional members, comprising nursing education programs across the spectrum of higher education and health care organizations. Learn more at NLN.org Events | News Release Archive | NLN Press | NLN Vision Series (Position Statements)
Join the NLN's online community.