As the leading organizations representing nursing education, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and the National League for Nursing (NLN) are committed to safely engaging nursing faculty and students in the critical work underway to vaccinate the public against COVID-19. Our organizations will work together to advocate for the resources needed to ensure our constituents are well-prepared to administer vaccines and effectively deployed to protect local communities and vulnerable populations from this public health threat.
To ensure that pre-licensure nursing programs are fully engaged in vaccination efforts, AACN and NLN will collaborate to:
• Secure commitment from member schools to actively participate in COVID-19 vaccination efforts
• Educate the public about the vaccines and what resources are available to caregivers and communities
• Advocate for early vaccination for nursing faculty, students, and others engaged in providing health services to the public
• Utilize nursing faculty and students to lead and support local efforts to administer the COVID-19 vaccine
• Address vaccine hesitancy through education and information sharing
In addition, AACN and NLN will invite other organizations working to advance nursing education to augment federal, state, and local efforts to combat COVID-19. Together, we can help mobilize resources and maximize our impact on creating a healthier nation.