| Washington, DC — The National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA) is pleased to announce the outcome of its 2021 election. All those elected will begin three-year terms for the Board of Commissioners and two-year terms for the Nominations Committee effective January 1, 2022.
Joan Darden, PhD, RN, ANEF, was re-elected to a second term on the board as a nurse educator on the NLN CNEA Board of Commissioners. Dr. Darden is a retired Nursing Department Chairman at Andrew College in Cuthbert, Georgia.
Christine Delucas, DNP, MPH, RN, NEA, was re-elected to a second term on the board as a nurse educator on the NLN CNEA Board of Commissioners. Dr. Delucas is an Associate Professor, College of Nursing, University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The other newly elected board commissioners are:
• Representing Programs in Nursing Education: Joyce Zurmehly, PhD, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, ANEF, FAAN Clinical Nursing Professor, The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
Newly elected members of the Nominations Committee are:
• Denise Warren, DNP, MSN, BSN, RN, Behavioral Health Nurse Case Manager, Bridgeway Rehabilitation Services, in West Orange, New Jersey, representing practical nursing programs
• Jackie Murphy, EdD, RN, CNE, Assistant Clinical Professor and Department Chair, Drexel University, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, representing diploma (RN) nursing programs
• Sarah Craig, PhD, RN, CCNS, CCNS, CCRN-K, CHSE, Assistant Professor, University of Virginia School of Nursing, in Charlottesville, Virginia, representing master’s degree nursing programs
• Aaron Sebach, PhD, DNP, MBA, AGACNP-BC, FNP-BC, CLNC, CNE, CNEcl, SFHM, Associate Professor and Chair / Doctor of Nursing Practice Program, Wilmington University, in New Castle, Delaware, representing clinical practice doctoral programs
“We are excited to work with this outstanding group of qualified nurse educators. They will help to advance the NLN CNEA’s work ensuring quality nursing education accreditation excellence,” said NLN CNEA Executive Director Teresa Shellenbarger, PhD, RN, CNE, CNEcl, ANEF. “I appreciate that voters took their time to review the candidates and elect these exceptional individuals representing nursing programs from across the academic spectrum.”
“The NLN CNEA Board of Commissioners Executive Committee is thrilled to have such an esteemed list of newly elected and re-elected members who will continue the organization’s commitment to our core values of caring, diversity, integrity, and excellence,” said NLN CNEA Board of Commissioners Vice Chair Susan Welch, EdD, RN, CNE.
The 15-member board provides leadership and direction to the accreditation services and is responsible for all accreditation decisions on nursing programs that seek accreditation from the NLN CNEA. The Nominations Committee is one of six standing committees and special task forces that facilitate the work of the Commission.
More information about the NLN CNEA, including how to begin the accreditation process, can be found at CNEA.NLN.org.
Board of Commissioners Representing Nursing Education
Joan Darden, PhD, RN, ANEF
Christine Delucas, DNP, MPH, RN, NEA-BC
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Joyce Zurmehly, PhD, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, ANEF, FAAN
The Ohio State University
Nominations Committee Representing Practical Nursing Programs
Denise Warren, DNP, MSN, BSN, RN
Bridgeway Rehabilitation Services
West Orange, New Jersey
Nominations Committee Representing Diploma (RN) Nursing Programs
Jackie Murphy, EdD, RN, CNE
Nominations Committee Representing Master’s in Nursing Degree Programs
Sarah Craig, PhD, RN, CCNS, CCRN-K, CHSE
University of Virginia School of Nursing
Nominations Committee Representing Clinical Practice Doctoral Programs
Aaron Sebach, PhD, DNP, MBA, AGACNP-BC, FNP-BC, CLNC, CNE, CNEcl, SFHM
New Castle, Delaware