Submission Deadline: February 1, 2019
Nursing Education Perspectives is planning a special issue on research related to global nursing education for the September/October 2019 issue. The guest co-editors are Drs. Angela McNelis and Tamara McKinnon.
We are seeking research studies focused on all global educational activities.
Suggestions include, but are not limited to, multisite studies on:
- Partnerships between US and international schools of nursing
- Educating global nurses: similarities and differences in nursing education around the globe
- Linking undergraduate and/or graduate nursing education to the UN sustainable development goals
- Outcomes of global nursing education
- Credit toward major for international clinical experiences
- Strengthening nursing education through global partnerships
- Preparing global citizens
- Instrument development, such as instruments designed to evaluate outcomes of international clinical experiences
The issue will also include a Research Briefs section, along with innovative strategies in pedagogical and curricular activities in the journal’s Innovation Center.
Submissions may include single site or pilot studies; descriptions of innovative pedagogical approaches (clinical and/or didactic) to prepare students and/or faculty for international clinical experiences; descriptions of exemplary programs in global nursing education; opportunities for partnership and collaboration/sharing information; and historical biographies of global nurses.
Please review our Author Guidelines and submit your manuscript no later than February 1, 2019.
Be sure to note in the MANUSCRIPT COMMENT box that your submission is intended for this special September/October 2019 issue.