| July 4, 2017 |
Happy Fourth of July.
The NLN wishes you and your family a healthy and safe Independence Day.
As you enjoy this holiday, we want to highlight advocacy campaigns posted on the NLN Advocacy Action Center so you may exercise your right to engage with your members of Congress.
The NLN Advocacy Action Center allows you to quickly send an email to your members of Congress, Tweet a message to them, and/or post a message on their Facebook page.
- Are your senators cosponsors of S. 1109? – S. 1109 reauthorizes federal nursing programs that provide competitive grants to nursing schools.
- Does your representative in the US House of Representatives support H.R. 959? – H.R. 959 also reauthorizes federal nursing programs that provide competitive grants to nursing schools.
- Tell Congress to fully fund the Title VIII nursing workforce development programs at HRSA in FY 2018.
Don't forget to pass this message on to another NLN member and share with your constituent league members.
- Click on the alert link.
- Choose the “write,” “tweet,” or “post” option.
- Enter your email and zip code.
- Click “continue.”
- Enter or verify your information.
- Click “Send message,” “Tweet,” or “Post to Facebook” based on the option you choose.
The next edition of the Capitol Connection will be published on August 1, 2017.
Join the NLN's online community.