Registration is now closed for the computer-based CNE®cl examination.
Our testing partner PSI/AMP has over 120 testing centers located nationwide. Locate a testing center near you »
You cannot schedule an examination test date and time with PSI/AMP until you have completed the examination registration process and have received a confirmation notice of eligibility.
You will receive the confirmation notice from PSI/AMP within three weeks of completing registration. This notice will be sent to the address that you provide on your application. If you do not receive notification within three weeks, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (618) 534-0294. Refer to the CNE®cl Candidate Handbook for information on scheduling a computer-based examination.
After finalizing the CNE®cl registration, you will have 90 days to schedule and complete your examination. Before completing the registration process, check your calendar to ensure your availability to test within that time frame.
The application takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. To begin the application process, you must first read the CNE®cl Candidate Handbook. Once you have familiarized yourself with the policies and procedures and are ready to officially register for the CNE®cl examination, you will need the following:
- Your RN license number and expiration date
- Credit Card number and expiration date. Please note: checks, money orders, and cash are not acceptable forms of payment
- An NLN member login name and password. You must have an NLN record in order to register for the CNE®cl examination. If you are an NLN member, your member login name and password must be created by you. If you have never created a member login name and password, please update your profile. Once you have created these, please return to this screen and proceed with the application process.
- Locate a testing center near you. You may not schedule an examination with PSI/AMP until you have registered for the CNE®cl examination on NLN.org and have received a confirmation notice of eligibility via email and/or regular mail from our testing partner, PSI/AMP.
- Please refer to the Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE®cl) Handbook before you register for the CNE®cl examination. This handbook contains essential information about the CNE®cl examination, testing policies, and procedures
- After finalizing the registration, you will have 90 days to schedule and complete your examination. Before submitting your registration, please check your calendar to ensure your availability to test within that time frame.
- *Registration for the CNE®cl cut score setting procedure is closed.
- Registration for the regular CNEcl exam will open October 15th.
- For those candidates already registered, testing must be completed by September 28th.
Computer-Based Testing Fee Schedule
| ||NLN Member Fee ||Non-Member Fee |
|Initial Testing ||$300 ||$400 |
|Retest ||$250 ||$350 |
Begin the registration process for the Certification Exam »
*Note: After using the link above and logging in, you will be forwarded to the Certification Exam registration page.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.