Oral Health for the Older Adult Living in the Community
Printer friendly version of this teaching strategy
Overview of Teaching Strategy
Oral health promotion for older adults living in the community is directed at interventions and services to prolong functional status. Students will determine older adults’ oral health needs and barriers to receiving oral health care in the community using the ACE.S framework.
- Assess oral health needs of older adults living independently in the community.
- Determine barriers for older adults to obtain oral health care in the community
- Describe the role of the nurse when providing oral health care to older adults in the community.
ACE.S Knowledge Domains
- Individualized Aging
- Complexity of Care
ACE.S Essential Nursing Actions
- Assess Function and Expectations
- Coordinate and Manage Care
- Make Situational Decisions
NLN Competencies for Graduates of Nursing Programs
- Human Flourishing
- Nursing Judgment
- Professional Identity
- Spirit of Inquiry
To begin, use the links below: Getting Started