Performing Oral Health Assessments on Aging Patients
Printer friendly version of this teaching strategy
Overview of Teaching Strategy
Oral health assessment for older adults is directed at integrating oral health into overall health. Students will determine plan to ensure that older adults receive oral health care.
- Develop interprofessional and oral health skills with older adults.
- Assess oral health in older adult.
- Describe the role of the nurse when providing oral health care to older adults.
ACE.S Knowledge Domains
- Individualized Aging
- Complexity of Care
ACE.S Essential Nursing Actions
- Assess Function and Expectations
- Coordinate and Manage Care
- Make Situational Decisions
NLN Competencies for Graduates of Nursing Programs
- Human Flourishing
- Nursing Judgment
- Professional Identity
- Spirit of Inquiry
To begin, use the links below: Getting Started