Performing Oral Health Assessments on Aging Patients
Overview of Teaching Strategy
Oral health assessment for older adults is directed at integrating oral health into overall health. Students will determine plan to ensure that older adults receive oral health care.
- Develop interprofessional and oral health skills with older adults.
- Assess oral health in older adult.
- Describe the role of the nurse when providing oral health care to older adults.
ACES Knowledge Domains
- Individualized Aging
- Complexity of Care
ACES Essential Nursing Actions
- Assess Function and Expectations
- Coordinate and Manage Care
- Make Situational Decisions
NLN Education Competencies
- Nursing Judgment
- Human Flourishing
- Professional Identity
- Spirit of Inquiry
To begin, use the links below: Getting Started