ENHANCE YOUR TEACHING AND COACHING SKILLS with
Coaching for Excellence in Nursing:
A Guide for Educators
Using online modules, the NLN coaching course will help nurse educators and preceptors understand the challenges faced by nursing students and novice nurses and how they can help with the transition to practice.
Coaching for Excellence in Nursing: A Guide for Educators will include peer review and expert feedback and covers:
- Adult learning theory and how to apply theory to practice
- How to use Socratic dialogue to promote reflective learning
- How to foster a safe and effective learning environment
- How to debrief after critical situations are resolved
At the end of these online lessons, the educator/preceptor/manager will be able to:
- Utilize the Guide for Teaching Thinking to promote reflective learning and understand how to uncover the novice nurse frame of reference.
- Apply strategies provided to give effective feedback to the novice nurse in clinical and non-clinical settings through the practice online environment.
- Understand adult learning theories and adult learner styles and how these may impact learning plans.
- Appreciate the unique attributes of novice nurses and how that shapes their learning and development.
Click here to provide your contact information to be among the first to get updates about the new course when it's released in late 2019.