The 2018 Academy of Nursing Education
application process will open soon!
Please read the Academy of Nursing Education Handbook to start preparing your application materials. The online application will open in summer 2017.
The 2017 Academy inductees will be announced in May 2017 via a press release from the NLN.
Join the Ranks for Nursing Education’s Elite
Individuals who have made enduring and substantial contributions to nursing education as teachers, mentors, scholars, public policy advocates, practice partners, or administrators are encouraged to pursue Fellowship in the Academy of Nursing Education and urge worthy colleagues to apply.
Once inducted into the Academy of Nursing Education, individuals are designated as Academy of Nursing Education Fellows and entitled to use the credential, ANEF. Fellows then actively participate in the work of the NLN community to share ideas and insights on how to transform nursing education.
Individuals who meet eligibility criteria may apply for fellowship
in the Academy by submitting an online application before February 15th. For more information, contact the Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-800-669-1656.
Applicants for fellowship in the Academy of Nursing Education must:
- Provide evidence of their enduring and substantial contributions to nursing education in one of the following areas:
- Teaching/Learning innovations
- Faculty development
- Research in nursing education
- Leadership in nursing education
- Public policy related to nursing education
- Collaborative partnerships (education/practice/community)
- Provide evidence of how they will continue to provide visionary leadership in nursing education and in the Academy.
- Be current members of the NLN (individually or through their schools or agencies), and
- Provide evidence of how their contributions are congruent with the mission and goals of the NLN.
Responsibilities of Fellows
All individuals accepted into fellowship in the Academy of Nursing Education are required to:
- Attend the Academy Induction Ceremony
- Maintain membership in the National League for Nursing
- Pay annual Academy membership dues ($150)
- Participate in the community of fellows as a means of transforming nursing education.
Note: Nominees cannot apply two years in a row. For nominees who have applied and were not inducted into the Academy, there is a two-year wait period before the same nominee is eligible again.