Applicants for fellowship in the Academy of Nursing Education must:
- Provide evidence of their enduring and substantial contributions to nursing education in one of the following areas:
- Teaching/Learning innovations
- Faculty development
- Research in nursing education
- Leadership in nursing education
- Public policy related to nursing education
- Collaborative partnerships (education/practice/community)
- Provide evidence of how they will continue to provide visionary leadership in nursing education and in the Academy.
- Be current members of the NLN (individually or through their schools or agencies), and
- Provide evidence of how their contributions are congruent with the mission and goals of the NLN.
Responsibilities of Fellows
All individuals accepted into fellowship in the Academy of Nursing Education are required to:
- Attend the Academy Induction Ceremony
- Maintain membership in the National League for Nursing
- Pay annual Academy membership dues ($150)
- Participate in the community of fellows as a means of transforming nursing education.