Note: A printer-friendly version of this information can be found on page 9 of the handbook.
The final application must document how all components of each criterion in the selected category
are fulfilled. (this includes all programs offered by applicant
schools). The application must describe relevant activities
and initiatives that serve to create an environment where
excellence is pervasive. Since the supportive evidence is
intended to showcase the applicant’s excellence in the
selected category, the material submitted will be unique to
each applicant. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide
convincing evidence that all criteria in the selected category have been met Those applying for re-designation must provide evidence that demonstrates sustained and continued excellence in all programs since the most recent designation.
The narrative must include:
- Documentation of measurable outcomes of excellence initiatives in each criterion.
- Supporting qualitative and quantitative data from no more than four years prior to the application.
- A clear and succinct description of how the applicant has created the environment related to the particular COE category selected.
- Evidence that the excellence initiatives have been implemented throughout all programs within the organization.
- A clearly organized document which facilitates the assessment of outcomes in each excellence criterion.
- Validation of the sustainability of excellence initiatives
Final application formatting guidelines:
- Document limit of 200 pages including appendices.
- Use criteria as headings.
- Format no less than 1.5 line spacing, 1-inch margins, and a font size of 11 or larger for readability.
- Place all contents in one bound application; no plastic page covers are to be used.
- One (1) print copy of the final application and one electronic copy is to be submitted with the Final Application Cover Sheet and application fee to the NLN by the designated deadline.
NOTE: Instructions for electronic submission will be sent to each applicant in mid- April.