Category and Criteria for Health Care Organizations
A printer-friendly version of this
information can be found on pages 7 of the handbook.
Category of Designation
Creating Workplace Environments that Promote Academic
Designation is based on the extent to which excellence in
to advance academic progression is
demonstrated. The criteria used to define
excellence in this
category are as follows:
- A comprehensive program that promotes academic progression throughout the
organization has been developed and implemented with evidence of a system
wide commitment to the program.
- Health care organization representatives are actively engaged with their
academic partner(s) in a professional collaboration resulting in a commitment
to academic progression.
- Academic/practice partnerships support an educated and diverse nursing
workforce to maximize competence and role performance to meet the needs of
increasingly complex work environments.
- The health care organization facilitates academic progression through the
provision of resources to support employees in the nursing learner role.
- Academic/practice partnerships yield projects to advance evidence-based
- Health care organization representatives in collaboration with their academic
partner(s) disseminate the effectiveness of innovative programs that support
academic progression, through local, regional, or national forums.
BACK TO TOP
BACK TO HANDBOOK CONTENTS