National League for Nursing - Excellence Initiatives
Eligibility Requirements for Schools within a System
A printer-friendly version of this
information can be found on page 4 of the handbook.
Eligibility Requirements for Systems
The applicant must encompass more than one educational
setting comprised of a single governing authority who
serves as the lead nursing educational administrator (LNEA).
This individual is ultimately responsible for sustaining the
standards of nursing and education practices.
Applicants applying as a system must meet each of the following requirements
in addition to the requirements for individual programs.
A single application will be submitted for the system that addresses all criteria
- There must be one organizational mission, vision, and set of values for the
- There must be one governing board for the entire system.
- There must be one lead nursing educational administrator for the entire system.
- Each component entity shall have a designated RN educational leader.
- There must be an integrated nursing education curriculum serving the entire system.
- The same policies and procedures must be used throughout the system.
- The same systematic evaluation plan must exist throughout the entire system.
BACK TO TOP
BACK TO HANDBOOK CONTENTS