Questions frequently asked by PAX takers
1. Can I get a refund on reports / registration / reschedules, etc.?
No. The NLN maintains a strict "No Refund" policy on all purchases.
Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you cancel or do not attend your exam there is no refund.
2. What do I need to bring to the exam?
- A printed copy of your Exam Confirmation
- Bring one photo ID.
- Bring another form of ID such as a Social Security card, birth certificate, etc.
- Bring pencils; test facilities won't provide them.
- Calculators are not allowed.
3. If I lose my Exam Confirmation, can I still test?
If you lose the exam confirmation you must login and print off another copy.
Login to your account and click the "View My Registrations" button.
You can click the "Exam Confirmation" button next to the registration.
The testing location will refuse to let you test without proper documentation.
4. Can NLN Testing Services register me for a closed or full test date?
No. NLN Testing Services CANNOT register you for a closed/full test date.
5. Where can I get study guides?
Study guides are available for the PAX exam only from Jones and Bartlett.
Go to the Registration Store "Programs" list, click the "Pre-Admission Exam (PAX) - (Read More | Register)" link.
This page displays "Jones and Bartlett Review Guides" with study guide links.
6. Can I go to a different exam time or location using my Exam Confirmation?
No. By registering for an exam, you have reserved a seat at a specified location.
Registration is only valid for the date and location on the Exam Confirmation.
7. I need to re-take an exam I've already taken, what do I need to know?
You may take the exam again but there is a waiting period between re-takes.
Check with the schools you want to apply to for their re-take policy.
A typical waiting period between tests is six months.
8. What forms of payment does the NLN take?
Major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
Money orders are accepted when paying at least 10 days before registration closes.
Personal checks are NOT accepted.
9. Is paying with a credit card safe on this website?
Yes, the NLN uses SSL Certificates registered with Verisign.
SSL is the most secure and trusted form of encryption used for online transactions.
10. What is an SSL Certificate?
An SSL Certificate encrypts sensitive information during online transactions.
SSL Certificates have unique authenticated information of the certificate owner.
A trusted Certificate Authority verifies the identity of the certificate owner.
The Certificate Authority the NLN uses is Verisign.
You may check the authenticity of the NLN's Certificate by clicking the Verisign Seal.
11. What is Verisign? How can I trust that it is a Certificate Authority?
VeriSign is the SSL Certificate provider of choice for more than 93 percent of the Fortune 500 and the world's 40 largest banks and businesses.
Visit the official Verisign website (www.verisign.com) and learn more about encryption and SSL Certificates.
12. When will I get my results?
Examinees taking paper exams will receive a paper copy of their results in the US mail.
Examinees taking online exams will NOT receive a paper copy of their results; they can access their results online.
13. I need special accommodations for testing. Who should I contact?
Special accommodations are available for qualified individuals. Contact the testing facility for further information.
14. When can I reschedule? Can I still go to the old test date/location?
You must reschedule at least one day before the exam registration CLOSES.
Registration is valid for the test date and location on the Exam Confirmation.
After you complete the rescheduling process, your original seat will be unavailable.
The testing facilities have a roster showing you have rescheduled to another date.
15. How much does it cost to reschedule? Can I get a partial refund if the new exam costs less?
Rescheduling costs $15.00 plus the difference in price of your new exam.
For example, if your old exam was $70 and the new exam is $80; the price difference is $10. Therefore, the total cost to reschedule would be $15 + $10 which is a total of $25.
The NLN maintains a strict "No Refund" policy on all purchases. If you reschedule to an exam that costs less, you are not refunded the difference.
16. I missed my exam, why can't I reschedule?
You needed to reschedule prior to the registration end date.
The test facility and the NLN will take emergency reschedules on a case-by-case basis.
If you had an emergency and need to reschedule sooner than the waiting period, you must ask the testing facility of the exam to send NLN Customer Service a written request to reschedule.
BACK TO GETTING STARTED || BACK TO NURSING STUDENTS
BACK TO TOP