Increasing the Workforce: Removing Barriers to Funding Nurse Education with the Power of Collaboration
This webinar will focus on strategies to decrease the economic barriers that exist in building a pipeline of nurses who are prepared to meet the health care challenges that lie ahead. The discussion will include collaborative efforts between practice partners and academics as well as academic approaches to decreasing the cost of nursing education for nursing students.
- Identify sources for funding nurse education and discuss the impact on workforce development.
- Define what a nurse pipeline is and discuss the role of academics and practice partners in building a diverse pipeline.
- Describe how academic and practice partners can work together to obtain funding for nurse education.
- Identify strategies to decrease the cost of nursing education and potential research and scholarly projects to support reduced costs.
- Kimberly Cleveland, PhD, JD, MSN, RN, C-MPC, C-MBC
- Julia Mason, DNP, MBA, BSN, RN, CENP
- Carolyn Montoya, PhD, RN, PNP-PC, FAANP, FAAN
- Margie H. Sipe, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, FNAP, FAONL
Consent to Use of Image, Name & Other Likeness
By attending any NLN events or entering in the facility in which any events take place, you agree that the NLN and/or third parties authorized by the NLN may photograph or record your likeness, image, name, voice, and/or words, and may publish, display, reproduce, copy and distribute your likeness, image, name, voice, and/or words for promotional, educational, or membership activities worldwide in all forms of media now known or later developed, including but not limited to advertising, training, websites, presentations and marketing materials. You further acknowledge that the NLN and/or third parties authorized by the NLN shall have the right, but not the obligation, to identify you in connection with such media by name and/or affiliation.