National League for Nursing - Publications
After an initial review by the editor, manuscripts submitted to Nursing Education Perspectives are sent to members of the Peer Review Panel for a double-blind peer review. We ask peer reviewers to evaluate the content of the manuscript with regard to various criteria:
- Does it represent the state of the art or science of nursing
and/or nursing education?
- Does it present new or improved findings or ideas?
- Is it consistent with sound educational practices and/or
- Are the references appropriate?
- Is the use of language clear and precise?
- Is the content interesting and organized logically?
- Nurse educators who have published in peer-reviewed journals and other publications are welcome to apply to become part of the Nursing Education Perspectives Peer Review Panel.
Submissions are assigned to one of three Peer Review Panels depending on type of article.
- Featured Articles/Teaching with Technology Articles: These submissions are up to 20 pages in length. Preference is given to research manuscripts.
- Innovation Center Articles: These submissions are up to six pages in length and focus on innovative program developments.
- Research Brief Articles. These submissions are up to six pages in length and focus on pilot studies in nursing education, studies based on a single site, and studies with small samples that would limit generalization.
To join one, two, or all of our Peer Review Panels, please submit your application as follows::
- Go to NEP AllenTrack: http://nep.allentrack2.net.
- Click on "Register Here" to create a profile.
- Check the "YES" box following the question: "Will you consider being a reviewer for this journal?"
- Select your area(s) of specialty from the list. HOLD the Ctrl (Command for Mac) key to select multiple items. Our editors will assign you manuscripts based upon the specialties you select.
- Email or fax the NEP editorial staff a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and indicate which panel(s) you are applying for..
- Be sure your CV includes your experience in publication.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line "NEP Peer Review Panel".
- Fax: 212-812-0391, Attn: Katie Michalek.
BACK TO TOP