You have reached the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE®)
Certification Examination registration page.
Registration is now open for the computer-based CNE® examination.
New! Sign Up for Pilot Testing of CNE Exam Forms 15 & 16
Pilot testing is now available for Forms 15 and 16 of the CNE exam. You may select to take the pilot exam at a discount of $100 off the regular fee.
Immediate results of testing will not be available until 4-6 weeks after the pilot testing closes on August 31. This is necessary to examine the pilot testing data and ensure what passing score will be used on these exams.
Participation in the pilot testing is voluntary. The CNE exam will remain available at the regular fee with the availability of immediate results at the testing center.
Our testing partner Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc.
(AMP) has over 120 testing centers located nationwide. Locate a testing center near you »
You cannot schedule an examination test date and time with PSI/AMP until you have completed the examination registration process and have received a confirmation notice of eligibility.
You should anticipate receiving this notice from PSI/AMP within three weeks of finalizing the registration with payment. This notice will be sent to the address that you provide on the application. If you do not receive notification within three weeks, please contact us at email@example.com or (618) 534-0294. Please refer to the CNE® Candidate Handbook for information about scheduling a computer-based examination.
After finalizing the CNE® registration, you will have a ninety-day window to schedule and complete the examination. Before completing the registration process, please check your calendar to ensure your ability to test within that time frame.
The application will take approximately 10 - 15 minutes to complete. To begin the application process, you must first read the CNE® Candidate Handbook. Once you have familiarized yourself with the policies and procedures and are ready to register for the CNE® examination, you will need the following:
- Your RN license number and expiration date
- Credit Card number and expiration date (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover) Please note: checks, money orders, and cash are not acceptable forms of payment.
An NLN.org account. You can log in to your NLN account here.
NLN members: If you do not know your username and password, follow the Forgot Username and/or Forgot Password links.
Nonmembers: Create an account here if you do not already have one. If you are not sure whether you have an account, visit the Find My ID page to confirm.
Once you have logged into your account, please return to this screen and proceed with the application process.
- Locate a testing center near you. You may not schedule an examination with PSI/AMP until you have registered for the CNE examination on this website and have received a confirmation notice of eligibility via email and/or regular mail from PSI/AMP, our testing partner.
- Please refer to the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE®) Handbook before your register for the CNE® examination. This handbook contains essential information about the CNE® examination, testing policies, and procedures
- After finalizing the registration with payment, you will have a ninety-day window to schedule and complete the examination. Before submitting your registration, please check your calendar to ensure your ability to test within that time frame.
Computer-Based Testing Fee Schedule
| ||NLN Member Fee ||Non-Member Fee |
|Initial Testing ||$400 ||$500 |
|Retest ||$350 ||$450 |
Begin the registration process for the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Certification Exam »
*Note: After using the link above and logging in, you will be forwarded to the Certification Exam registration page.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.