You have reached the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE®
Certification Examination registration page.
After finalizing the CNE®
registration, you will have a ninety-day window to schedule and complete the examination. Before completing the registration process, please check your calendar to ensure your ability to test within that time frame.
The application will take approximately 10 - 15 minutes to complete. To begin the application process, you must first read the CNE® Candidate Handbook. Once you have familiarized yourself with the policies and procedures and are ready to register for the CNE® examination, you will need the following:
- Your RN license number and expiration date
- Credit Card number and expiration date (Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover) Please note: checks, money orders, and cash are not acceptable forms of payment.
An NLN.org account. You can log in to your NLN account here.
NLN members: If you do not know your username and password, follow the Forgot Username and/or Forgot Password links.
Nonmembers: Create an account here if you do not already have one. If you are not sure whether you have an account, visit the Find My ID page to confirm.
Once you have logged into your NLN account, update/confirm the following:
- First and Last Name must match your legal photo ID
- Designation field = current credentials
- Current mailing address
- Current phone number
- Date of Birth
After making any needed updates, log out of your account, then return to this screen and proceed with the application process.
- Please refer to the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE®) Handbook before your register for the CNE® examination. This handbook contains essential information about the CNE® examination, testing policies, and procedures
- After finalizing the registration with payment, you will have a ninety-day window to schedule and complete the examination. Before submitting your registration, please check your calendar to ensure your ability to test within that time frame.
- An email from our testing partner, Scantron, will be sent to the email address on record with instructions to schedule an exam date.
Computer-Based Testing Fee Schedule
| ||NLN Member Fee ||Non-Member Fee |
|CNE Exam ||$400 ||$500 |
*Note: After using the link above and logging in, you will be forwarded to the Certification Exam registration page.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.