The NLN Academy of Nursing Education fosters excellence in nursing education by recognizing and capitalizing on the wisdom of outstanding individuals in and outside the profession who have contributed to nursing education in sustained and significant ways. Fellows are expected to provide visionary leadership in nursing education and in the Academy, and to support the vision of the National League for Nursing.
For detailed information about the program including goals, eligibility, evaluation, timelines and fees, please refer to the Academy handbook.
Announcing the 2016 Academy in Nursing Education Fellows
Click here to read profiles of the 2016 Academy inductees.
- Angela Amar, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Jennie De Gagne, PhD, DNP, RN-BC, CNE
- Jacqueline Fawcett, PhD, RN, ScD (hon), FAAN
- Linda Hollinger-Smith, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Janice Hooper, PhD, MSN, RN, FRE, CNE, FAAN
- Faye Hummel, PhD, RN, CTN-A
- Carole Kenner, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Voncella McCleary-Jones, PhD, RN-BC, CNE
- Carmella Mikol, PhD, RN-BC, CNE, CPNP-PC
- Sharon Oetker-Black , PhD, JD, RN
- Janice Palaganas, PhD, RN, NP
- Jane Rosati, EdD, MSN, RN
- Valerie Sabol, PhD, AGACNP-BC, CNE, FAANP
- Linda Shanta, PhD, MSN, RN
- Mary Terhaar, DNSc, RN, FAAN
- Jone Tiffany, DNP, MA, RN, CNE, CHSE
- Teresa Wehrwein, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
- Christine Tanner, PhD, RN (honorary)