In 2021-2022, the NLN will
- Support funding for nursing programs to increase the
nursing and nurse educator workforce.
- Advocate for research funding that improves
population health and health system outcomes.
- Pursue funding for education and policies for APRNs
to practice to their full scope of practice.
- Support policy initiatives that promote data
collection and analysis for nurse workforce
planning and health care capacity building.
- Support policies for fair and equitable
reimbursement consistent with the level of care
provided by nurses.
- Advocate for nursing care that is dynamic and fluid
across state boundaries to increase access to care
while maintaining public protection.
- Support policies that prepare nurses to effectively
respond to public health emergencies and to
safeguard the nursing workforce,
including adequate provision of
personal protective equipment.