In 2023-2024, the NLN will:
- Support funding to enhance access to nursing programs to increase the number of nurses and nurse educators in the workforce.
- Advocate for research funding that addresses the impact of social determinants of health on population health and health system outcomes.
- Advocate for APRNs to function to their full scope of practice
- Pursue funding to support recruitment and education for a diverse APRN workforce.
- Support policy and research initiatives that promote data collection and analysis for nurse workforce planning.
- Support policies for fair and equitable reimbursement consistent with the level of care provided by nurses.
- Advocate for nursing licensure that is dynamic and fluid across state boundaries to increase access to care while maintaining public protection.
- Support policies that prepare nurses to effectively participate in disaster planning and respond to public health emergencies while safeguarding the nursing workforce.