In 2021-2022, the NLN will
- Promote policies and funding to recruit and retain a population of nurses and nurse educators who mirror the diversity of the nation and those more vulnerable populations in terms of health care issues.
- Advocate for policies that enrich and sustain culturally relevant nursing education that leads to interprofessional, evidence-based health care delivery and reduction in health disparities.
- Support policies that recognize the dynamic and diverse needs of individuals, families, and communities within the nation.
- Promote policies and evidence-based strategies to foster and sustain inclusivity and civility in academic and health care environments.
- Support incorporation of National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) in all education and practice settings.