Diversity & Inclusion
In 2023-2024, the NLN will:
- Promote policies and funding to recruit and retain a population of nurses and nurse educators who mirror the diversity of the nation and marginalized populations.
- Advocate for policies that enrich and sustain culturally relevant nursing education that leads to interprofessional, evidence-based health care delivery that impact social determinants of health.
- Support policies that recognize the dynamic and diverse needs of individuals, families, communities, and populations within the nation and the global community.
- Promote policies and evidence-based strategies to foster and sustain inclusivity and belonging in academic and health care environments.
- Advocate for a shared agenda among national nursing organizations to address social determinants of health to achieve health equity.