Scheduling and Completing your VIRTUAL Exam
Virtual testing is completed with Proctor360.
Scheduling Your Exam
After you purchase your virtual exam, you will receive a confirmation email from the NLN with the following instructions:
You must be alone in a secure area with no other individuals or distractions in the testing area.
You should be at a desk or table (not in bed, on a couch, etc).
- No headsets or earbuds are allowed during the test.
- Absolutely no cell phones are allowed in the testing area at any time during the session.
- You may only have ONE monitor connected to your computer during the exam session. Your proctor will not let you begin the exam until all other screens have been disconnected and removed from your testing space.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the testing area at any time.
- The testing area must be silent with no other background noise. There is no speaking allowed during your test. This is required in order to maintain equity with students who test in person.
- No Smart Watches or similar IOT devices are allowed. Make sure you remove any watches or similar devices before beginning the check-in process for your exam session.
There are no restroom breaks allowed during the majority of the assessments, so please plan accordingly
Allowed Testing Material
During your exam session, your environment must be clean and clear of any prohibited materials, notes, or study guides. During the check-in process on Exam Day, you will be required to submit a scan of your desktop and the surrounding space in order to verify that you have no prohibited materials accessible during the exam.
The following items are the ONLY items allowed during your test session:
- Dry Erase Board
- Dry Erase Marker
- Dry Erase Board Eraser
- Use the link provided in your e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org to connect to your proctored session. Proceed with the check-in process. A chat box will be located on the bottom right of your screen to communicate with your proctor.