Interprofessional Education (IPE)
IPE is recognized by various international professional societies (e.g. World Health Organization and Institute of Medicine) and accreditation organizations as foundational to achieving safe, high quality, accessible, patient-centered care. Simulation, an effective vehicle to enhance interprofessional education, can help educate students from all health professions, across the educational spectrum, to work collaboratively.
- A Vision for Interprofessional Collaboration in Education and Practice 2015 (PDF)
- Guide To Effective Interprofessional Education (IPE) Experiences in Nursing Education Toolkit© 2016 (PDF)
- Macy Foundation Grant Helps Integrate Simulation-Based IPE into Health Care Education
- A Nursing Perspective on Simulation (IPE NLN Invitational Think Tank Report, 2011) (PDF)
- White Paper: Symposium IPE in Healthcare Simulation 2013 (PDF)