NLN Constituent League Affiliation Guidelines
The purpose of a Constituent League, affiliated with the National League for Nursing, is to support and implement the mission of the NLN to promote excellence in nursing education to build a strong and diverse nursing workforce to advance the nation's health at the constituent level.
Constituent Leagues, affiliated with the NLN, meet the following standards:
- Promote the products and services of the NLN.
- Participate in the securing of funds at the local/state level to promote faculty development and quality nursing education at the constituent level.
- Serve as a monitor for public policy issues related to education of nurses at the constituent level.
- Identify, recruit, engage, and develop members for constituent and national leadership work groups and task forces.
- Develop alliances at the constituent level to advance quality nursing education.
- Serve as a channel of communication between NLN and the League's members, and members to members.
- Promote strategies to advance the science of nursing education at the state and local level.
Requirements for Affiliation with the National League for Nursing:
- Adopt national uniform bylaws for Constituent Leagues
- Implement all Affiliation Standards (as noted above)
- Implement a conflict of interest policy
- Adopt financial policies (including all NLN amendments)
- Adopt lobbying guidelines for Constituent Leagues
- Adopt NLN communication standards
- Conduct a year-end audit
- Meet state and national tax filing requirements
- All officers and board members of the CL maintain NLN membership during their tenure
- Maintain a membership of at least 50 members
- Hold an annual meeting of members
- Hold annual election of officers and board members
- Create an annual budget
- Implement a strategic plan that aligns with NLN goals
- Submit completed annual report by January 31 of each year that shows compliance with all standards and requirements for affiliation
Full Affiliation Guidelines can be downloaded here.