NLN Nursing Education Research Grants Program
Research activities advance the NLN's goal of taking the "lead in the conduct of research that informs and promotes evidence-based teaching, advances the science of nursing education, and provides and interprets data about nursing education and the nurse
educator workforce." Over the past decade, the NLN has provided funding of more than $1 million dollars for research in nursing education.
Proposals for the 2022 cycle were accepted October 8, 2021, through February 3, 2022. - CLOSED
THE 2023 CYCLE WILL OPEN IN OCTOBER 2022
Available NLN Funding Opportunities
- NLN Research in Nursing Education Grants (maximum grant up to $30,000) - CLOSED
- Mary Anne Rizzolo Doctoral Research Award ($2,500 award for doctoral student) - CLOSED
- Edmund J.Y. Pajarillo Health Informatics and Innovation Collaborative Research Award ($2,500 award for graduate student) - NEW for 2022 cycle! - CLOSED
- Eastern Nursing Research Society/NLN Doctoral Research Award ($2,500 award for doctoral student) - CLOSED
- Southern Nursing Research Society/NLN Doctoral Research Award ($5,000 award for doctoral student) - CLOSED
- Sigma Foundation for Nursing/NLN Research Award ($5,000 award) - CLOSED
- Western Institute of Nursing/NLN Research Award ($5,000 award) - NEW for 2022 cycle! - CLOSED
Resources to Review Before Preparing Proposals
- NLN Priorities for Research in Nursing Education
- NLN Proposal Review Rubric (PDF)
- 2021 Research Grant Recipients
- Spring 2016 NLN Report article on past grant recipients
- NLN Grant Proposal Toolkit
Online Submission System (SurveyMonkey Apply)
Please note: Submissions are accepted online only. You must have a SurveyMonkey Apply account to submit an application. Your NLN Member login is NOT valid.
If you used the previous system, FluidReview, to make a submission, your username and password will remain the same; otherwise you will need to create an account.
Please use links above to review specific requirements for each funding opportunity before starting your proposal.